Sunday’s Giants-Commanders matchup is essentially a playoff game for both teams. The winner has the upper hand on one of the final playoff spots in the NFC. The loser will have work to do and need some help.
Can the Giants overcome the tie two weeks ago and prevail on the road?
Lawrence Tynes, Paul Schwartz and Brandon London have an in-depth preview of the game and make their predictions on the latest “Blue Rush” podcast. More importantly though, we are joined on the show by the legendary Giants head coach, two-time Super Bowl champion Tom Coughlin.
The former Giants coach takes us down memory lane, revisiting the magical 2007 season and the run to a Super Bowl title, which he also details in his new book out now “A Giant Win.”
“Blue Rush” Podcast with Lawrence Tynes, Brandon London & Paul Schwartz:
- PRIMETIME GAME: Daniel Jones is 0-9 in primetime games, but none of them have come on Sunday night. Everyone will be watching. Players and coaches won’t speak of it differently, but it’s in the back of their minds that this is on the national stage and it’s like a playoff game.
- GIANTS @ COMMANDERS PREVIEW/PREDICTIONS: The guys go through some of the key matchups. They make their game predictions. Will the Giants get revenge and take down the Commanders after tying them two weeks ago?
Tom Coughlin Interview:
Giants 2-time Super Bowl champion former head coach, author of “A Giant Win”
- THE KICK IN GREEN BAY: Taking us inside Tynes’ missed kicks in the NFC Championship Game in 2008, running on the field for the game-inner and stories from that magical victory.
- ROOKIE CLASS: That 2007 Giants rookie class was special and maybe the best he ever had in his NFL coaching career.
- NEW APPROACH: Changing from a hard-nosed head coach to easing up a bit and having more fun beginning that season. What made the change happen?
- ALWAYS EARLY: Where did the always being early come from? How has it affected his players in their lives?
Catch up on all episodes of “Blue Rush,” a New York Giants podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Give “Blue Rush” a 5 star rating on Apple Podcasts and Spotify and write a new review on Apple Podcasts.