On this week’s episode of Inside the Hive, Emily Jane Fox talks to the Hive’s editor and resident Russia – Ukraine expert, Miriam Elder, about what is happening on the ground in Ukraine. As Russia escalates its war in Ukraine, including its bombing of a maternity and children’s hospital in Mariupol, Elder talks through the human toll of this war: the impossible choices families are having to make, the horrors children are living through, the impact on a pediatric cancer hospital, and what Russian families are facing at the same time. Author Rebecca Fox Starr then stops by to discuss how we talk about hard things with children, teach kids to take in events with empathy, and process our own feelings about what is happening in this world.
More Great Stories From Vanity Fair
– Images of Russia’s Attack on Ukraine
—Trump Calls Putin’s Ukraine Moves “Genius” Because He Hates Democracy
– The Zucker-Cuomo Saga Just Got Even Messier
– Why Biden Wanted Americans to Know Exactly What Putin Was Planning
– It’s Been a Hell of a Week for Letitia James
– “If Ukraine Matters, Tell Us Why”: Joe Biden Is Talking to Everyone Except the American People
– Republicans on Russia Crisis: It’s Biden’s Fault
– Thieves in the Night: A Vast Burglary Ring From Chile Has Been Targeting Wealthy US Households
– Watergate’s Central Mystery: Why Did Nixon’s Team Order the Break-In in the First Place?
– From the Archive: Russia’s Dark Master
– Not a subscriber? Join Vanity Fair to receive full access to VF.com and the complete online archive now.