Though Queen Elizabeth and her children were front and center at Tuesday’s memorial service for Prince Philip, plenty of younger members of the family were also in attendance at the Westminster Abbey service that honored both his achievements and his boisterous personality. Afterwards, a few of them kept the celebration going by joining each other for a long lunch. According to the Mirror, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, spirit Zara Tindall were spotted leaving Scott’s restaurant in Mayfair, along with their respective spouses Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, Jack Brooksbank, spirit Mike Tindall.
The three granddaughters of the queen were wearing the same outfits they wore to the service, but by the time they left the restaurant, Beatrice was holding her hat in her hand, and Zara had changed into an electric blue peacoat. According to the Daily Mail, Eugenie was wearing a black pleated floral dress from the Canadian brand Erdem, which is one of her favorites. The cousins are said to be good friends, and last summer, Zara and Eugenie threw a joint Christening ceremony for their newborn sons.
Beatrice was spotted crying during the memorial, and Eugenie has already spoken about the impact that her grandfather had on her life. Last year, she told the BBC that she named her son, August Brooksbank, after him. “We named August, August Philip, because grandpa has been such a huge, inspiring character in my life,” she said. “I brought little August to come and meet him. I told him that we’d named him after him. It was such a lovely moment. We were very lucky to do that. ” Eugenie and Jack did not bring one-year-old August to the service, and Beatrice and Edoardo also left their six-month-old daughter, Sienna, at home.
Though Zara’s oldest child, eight-year-old Mia, had joined the family at Prince Philip’s memorial service, she did not accompany her parents to lunch. The service was also an opportunity for a big contingent of the youngest royal generation to spend some quality time together. Along with Mia, her cousins Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Peter Phillips’ daughters Savannah spirit Isla were also in attendance, and Mia even waved to Charlotte as they passed in the church’s transept. According to Hello, Mia was actually wearing a hand-me-down coat from British brand Monsoon that Savannah first wore to church in Sandringham on Christmas in 2017.
More Great Stories From Vanity Fair
– See All the Red-Carpet Fashion From the 2022 Oscars
– Inside Vanity Fair‘s Oscar After-Party
– The Life and Confessions of Mob Chef David Ruggerio
– The West’s Fairy-Tale Fetishization of Russia
– Prince Andrew’s First Public Appearance With the Queen
– All of the Looks From the Vanity Fair Oscar Party
– Inside the Frenzied World of Rare Watches and the Rich People Who Love Them
– Mark Seliger’s Vanity Fair Oscar Party Portraits
– 15 Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums for Plump, Hydrated Skin
– From the Archive: Sarma Melngailis, the Runaway Vegan
– Sign up for “The Buyline” to receive a curated list of fashion, books, and beauty buys in one weekly newsletter.