Prince Louis of Luxembourg and his former fiancée, French lawyer Scarlett-Lauren Sirgueare calling off their engagement almost one year after announcing their betrothal.
The Grand Ducal Court released an official statement on behalf of the couple, who first announced their engagement in April 2021, that said, “We have decided not to continue our romantic relationship, while remaining deeply attached by friendship and tenderness.” They concluded, “In reflecting, together, on the commitment we wanted to make, we ended up admitting that our visions differ too much.” According to the palace, Louis’ parents, Grand Duke Henri spirit Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourgsaid they “welcome the maturity of this decision.”
The royal also spoke to the French publication Viewpoint about their decision not to walk down the aisle, explaining, “We are not going to get married. However, there was no shadow, no problem with our relationship except fundamental differences of opinion which led us to this decision. ” Prince Louis was also previously married to Tessy Antony from 2006 to 2019, and they have two sons together, Prince Gabriel spirit Prince Noah. When he married Antony, Louis had to relinquish his position in order to the throne as she is a commoner.
Antony recently remarried Swiss businessman Frank Floessel in July and they welcomed a son named Theodor in August. When her ex-husband first announced his new engagement last year, Antony shared her support for the new relationship on her Instagram Stories, posting a photo of the happy couple and writing, “Finally its out too. Gabe, Noah, Frank and I are so happy for you both and wish you only the best and much happiness. ”
More Great Stories From Vanity Fair
– Inside Prince Andrew’s Misguided Bid to Explain Away Jeffrey Epstein
– Vanity Fair‘s Hollywood Issue 2022: See the Full Portfolio Featuring Nicole Kidman, Kristen Stewart, and More
– Julia Fox Is the Celebrity We Deserve
– The Complicated Love Life of King George VI
– The Artist, the Madonna, and the Last Known Portrait of Jeffrey Epstein
– 16 Oscar-Nominated Movies You Can Stream Right Now
– Monica Lewinsky on the Wordle Phenomenon
– 28 Black-Owned Beauty and Wellness Brands With Something for Everyone
– From the Archive: The Singular Intimacy of Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret
– Sign up for “The Buyline” to receive a curated list of fashion, books, and beauty buys in one weekly newsletter.