Jnews is about news!

Joseph Garcia arrested, charged in connection with fatal Upper Chichester Hit-and-Run

UPPER CHICHESTER, Pa. (CBS) – A man has been arrested and charged in connection with a fatal hit-and-run in Upper Chichester. Joseph Garcia was put on trial Friday morning after his 2007 Nissan Sentra allegedly beat and killed Joshua Quinn on the 3100 block of Chichester Avenue Thursday night.

Garcia was unable to post bail and is currently in custody at the George W. Hill Correctional Facility.

Officers arrived at the scene after a pedestrian was allegedly hit by a vehicle. When police arrived, Quinn was seen lying face down on the driveway at 3109 Chichester Avenue. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.

Also on the spot, police discovered a clear headlight cover for a vehicle in the roadway. While reviewing surveillance footage, they noticed Garcia’s silver Nissan traveling north on Chichester Avenue with the front passenger’s headlight off within seconds of the crash, according to a statement.

Officers then showed up at Garcia’s residence in Hilltop Condominiums. Nissan was not at the scene, but he agreed to come back to the station to talk to police about the incident.

Police say Garcia told them he was driving Nissan to work and delivering food in the area of ​​Chichester Avenue when he heard a loud bang. He added that he thought it was a rock and he pulled into the Willowbrook Shopping Center and observed the damage to his vehicle on the passenger side.

Garcia then told police he was aware he was beating someone but was unable to explain how it happened. He told police he drove past the scene three times before returning to work in Marcus Hook.

When he got back to work, he paid off his shift and went in a red Dodge Durango, police say, and went back to his residence.

Police later found the Nissan Sentra at 28 E. 10th Street with damage to the front passenger area of ​​the vehicle. The passenger’s headlight assembly is missing, the windshield is cracked and there was a fold in the bonnet.

The vehicle was towed back to the Upper Chichester Police Department and secured.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *