Jay Leno suffered some fairly serious burns a little over a week ago after a gasoline fire erupted in his Los Angeles garage. He was quickly rushed to a burn center to be treated for his injuries, but the late-night legend has now been released and seems to be in good spirits. Jay Leno posed for a photo with some of the hospital staff, which shows visible scars on his face, chin, neck, and hands.
“Comedian Jay Leno was released from the Grossman Burn Center today,” reads a statement from Grossman Burn Center. “After a 10-day stay at the facility, Jay will receive follow-up care at the Grossman Outpatient Burn Clinic for burns to his face, chest and hands he received during a fire at his home garage. Jay would like to let everyone know how thankful he is for the care he received, and is very appreciative of all of the well wishes. He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.” Dr. Peter Grossman added, “I am pleased with Jay’s progress, and I am optimistic that he will make a full recovery.“
Jay Leno had been working on one of his many classic cars and was lying underneath the vehicle when the fire broke out, leaving him with serious burns. In a statement just after the accident, Leno said, “I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.” We wish you the best in your recovery!