Heavy rocket fire from Gaza continues as ceasefire nears

Heavy rocket fire continued this evening with Islamic Jihad launching a salvo over central Israel including Tel Aviv, Beersheva and the settlements surrounding the Gaza Strip at around 8 pm. A ceasefire had been expected to come into effect around then but was delayed until after midnight by Islamic Jihad, seeking more Egyptian guarantees.

The Iron Dome defense system continues to intercept most of the rockets fired at Israel. But an Israeli sustained medium injuries when a rocket hit a factory in Ashkelon.







Senior Israeli sources have confirmed that Israel has agreed to a ceasefire and Defense Minister Benny Gantz says Israel has achieved all its military aims in Operation Breaking Dawn.

Earlier today the Palestinian Health Ministry reported that the death toll in Gaza was 36 including 15 children. Israel said that the fatalities included two of the most senior Islamic Jihad commanders in the Gaza Strip. This evening there were reports of eight fatalities in Jabalya, from the failed launch of a rocket.

Published by Globes, Israel business news – en.globes.co.il – on August 7 2022.

© Copyright of Globes Publisher Itonut (1983) Ltd., 2022.


Leave a Comment