Glens Falls Hospital reduces temporary visits
Up to date:
GLENS FALLS, NY (NEWS10) – Glens Falls Hospital reduces temporary visits from Wednesday, January 12th. The change is due to high spread of coronavirus in the local community.
The following restrictions will be in place, according to the hospital:
- Visiting hours will be from kl. 20:00 to 20:00 seven days a week.
- Each inpatient can have one unique visitor per day. Visitors are not allowed to leave and return, nor can the assigned unique visitor be replaced by another visitor.
- Visitors must be 18 years and older.
- Visitors only enter through the western entrance, where they will be met and screened by security guards.
- Visitors should always wear a mask and should bring their own personal mask.
- Visitors will be asked to use rubbing alcohol at the screening station and practice good hand hygiene throughout the visit.
- There is no eating or drinking in the patient room at present.
The following are exceptions to the new visitation rules:
- On the day of discharge from a 24-hour stay, one visitor must accompany the patient to the discharge process outside the visiting hours.
- Joyce Stock Snuggery: up to two supporters (including a doula) will be allowed. For the special crèche, patients may have one foster parent plus one significant other who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Emergency department: Visitation in the Emergency Department will be limited to those who need special assistance such as children, the elderly and those with developmental, emotional or cognitive limitations. Compassionate exceptions can also be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Same-day surgeries and outpatient procedures: One visitor can accompany the patient during hospitalization and rejoin them for the discharge process. Those who accompany a same day surgical or procedural treatment patient my stay in the waiting area, or Au Bon Pain.
Visits to pediatric patients, patients for whom a support person has been considered “essential”, end-of-life and compassionate exceptions remain unchanged.
Those who do not follow the guidelines will be asked to leave the place.