A lady was taken to hospital and another person was treated at a difference scene as firefighters in Bury attend two house fires.
The lady was taken to hospital for treatment for suspected smoke inhalation and burns to her arm after a kitchen fire at a house on Lancaster Avenue, Ramsbottom, at around 3:50 pm today.
A total of four fire engines were on the scene, three from Greater Manchester and one from Lancashire, Firefighter Pete Kerry of Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service Bury confirmed.
“We were there for around an hour and a half. We used a fan to blow the smoke out of the building,” he added.
Earlier in the day, a resident of Merton Street was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation following a bathroom fire at around 12:15 pm.
Just the crew from Bury were required this time, and they were on the scene for approximately one hour.
“The fire had died down by the time we got there. We were just made sure it was fully out,” Mr Kerry said.