Blossoms have announced their Birmingham gig date for winter 2022 – here’s everything you need to know including how to get tickets
Blossoms have announced their November and December dates for a 2022 UK & Ireland tour, including a gig at Birmingham O2 Academy. This follows the release of their latest album ‘Ribbon Around the Bomb’ back in April.
Having performed at a whole host of festivals throughout 2022 including Glastonbury, Y Not? and Truck, pop band Blossoms are now treating fans to an array of sets across the country. With over 20 dates set out across a period of just four weeks, there are plenty of chances to see the pop band in action.
Ahead of the blockbuster shows, here’s all you need to know about Blossoms, when tickets go on sale, how to buy tickets, and what dates they will be performing in Birmingham.
When do Blossoms play in Birmingham?
As established, Blossoms will be performing at Birmingham O2 Academy for one of their shows on their UK & Ireland tour. Their gig in Brum will take place on the evening of Tuesday 29 November 2022.
When do tickets go on sale for Blossom’s 2022 tour?
Tickets for all UK Blossoms gigs in 2022 are set to be released at 8am BST on Friday 5 August, with some early access for O2 priority customers on Wednesday 3 August at 9am BST.
Prices are yet to be confirmed, but if the cost of tickets in the earlier stages of their tour abroad is anything to go by, they should be in the region of £40-60 for general admission. More details are available on the Ticketmaster website.
How to buy tickets for the Blossoms show in Birmingham
Given the popularity of Blossoms, tickets are expected to sell out quickly so it’s important to set your reminders. As previously mentioned, tickets for all shows – including the one at Birmingham O2 Academy on November 19 – are set to be released on the morning of Friday 5 August.
O2 priority customers will receive early access to tickets on Wednesday 3 August – these can also be bought on Ticketmaster through a link on the O2 priority website. You can buy tickets for all of Blossoms’ UK gigs on the Ticketmaster website as soon as they go on sale. Best of luck!
Who are Blossoms?
Founded in 2013, Blossoms are a world-famous English pop band from Stockport, Greater Manchester. With four studio albums to date, Blossoms are well-established in the pop and indie rock genres. Their latest release ‘Ribbon Around the Bomb’ completed a hat-trick of official number one albums.
The band is made up of five members, Charlie Salt (bass, guitar, backing vocals), Joe Donovan (drums), Tom Ogden (lead vocals, rhythm guitar, piano), Myles Kellock (keyboards, synthesiser, piano, backing vocals) , and Josh Dewhurst (lead guitar, percussion). The group is named after ‘The Blossoms’ pub in Stockport, where they were formed.
How old are Blossoms?
The band itself is nine years old having been formed in 2013. The ages and birthdays of all five Blossoms members are listed below.
- Josh Dewhurst, 25 years old, born 7 March 1997.
- Myles Kellock, 27 years old, born 14 August 1994.
- Tom Ogden, 29 years old, born 28 April 1993.
- Joe Donovan, 29 years old, born 1 November 1992.
- Charlie Salt, 31 years old, born 25 June 1991.
Where else are they playing?
Not to worry if you’re not around for them Birmingham show, there are so many opportunities to catch Blossoms as they tour the UK. Some of these performances are fairly nearby too, with gigs in Nottingham, Cambridge and Manchester just to name a few.
Blossoms start off in Bristol on 11 November 2022 and then round off their tour with two shows at Manchester O2 Apollo at the start of December 2022. See below for a full list of dates for Blossoms gigs in 2022.
- November 11 2022, Bristol, O2 Academy
- November 12 2022, Nottingham, Rock City
- November 13 2022, Aylesbury, Waterside Theatre
- November 15 2022, Cambridge, Corn Exchange
- November 16 2022, Portsmouth, Guildhall
- November 18 2022, Exeter, Exeter Uni Great Hall
- November 19 2022, Bournemouth, O2 Academy
- November 20 2022, Newcastle, O2 City Hall
- November 22 2022, Glasgow, O2 Academy
- November 23 2022, Edinburgh, O2 Academy
- November 25 2022, Doncaster, Doncaster Dome
- November 26 2022, Cardiff, Cardiff Uni Great Hall
- November 27 2022, Liverpool, Liverpool Uni Mountford Hall
- November 29 2022, Birmingham, O2 Academy
- December 2 2022, Brighton, Brighton Dome
- December 3 2022, London, O2 Academy Brixton
- December 5 2022, Belfast, Belfast Telegraph
- December 6 2022, Dublin, Olympia Theatre
- December 8 2022, Manchester, O2 Apollo
- December 9 2022, Manchester, O2 Apollo
This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items purchased through this article, but that does not affect our editorial judgement.